by C.J. Tuor
Most recent screenplay soon in competitions
Hello my name is C.J. Tuor
I am an actor/stand up comedian/writer based out of Chicago.
I have recently moved to the city and I am constantly looking for new opportunities. Currently, I am working on writing a stage musical but I am also writing for two sketch groups and performing stand up comedy.
My favorite genre is magic realism. I have written screenplays about college burnouts who believe in monsters, shorts about vampires who have to deal with racism, and plays about mental patients who believe themselves to be super villains. I love real world issues, I just love to examine them in a fun house mirror...also they're funny.
I have written for stage and screen and have had strong success in both. I hope that this company gives me a chance to continue in that success.
Thank you for your time and I hope we get to work together in the future.
Illinois State Education Graduate-IL (2003-2008)
Theatre Education, Communication/English
-Golden Key Member-Elect
-Kappa Delta Pi
-Playwright of the Year 2008
Constrained Stage- IL (2007)
Wrote Scripts for College Theatre Company
▪ Wrote the One Act Plays Might and Gallery
▪ Took Part in Small Theater Festival
▪ Worked with Faculty and Used Their Feedback
▪ Gallery won Playwright of the year at ISU
Gloomy is The New Clear- IL (2006)
Co-Created a Sitcom
▪ Cast, Shot, Directed, and Produced the Show
▪ Top Five in The FX Networks Comedy Competition
▪ Clip Aired on National Television
Statuzilla Productions- IL (2004-2005)
Screenplay Writer for Student Films
▪ Wrote the Short Comedy The Were-Cow
▪ Won The Nebula Film Festival Award for Best Screenplay for The Were-Cow(2004)
▪ Wrote the full length film Comic Book Issues
▪ Won Runner Up For Best Screenplay at the Micro Cinema Film Festival for Comic Book Issues(2005)
-Won Jukebox comedy club amateur stand up competition (2006)
-Won Funny Bone’s Last comic sitting (2007)
-Won Brown Sugar’s “It’s good in the hood” Comedy competition (2009)
-Play "Connect the Dots" accepted into University of Illinois short play festival (2008).
-Illinois State University playwright of the year (2008)
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Writer Submission.